Five Reasons to be Thankful
General | November 22, 2018 | Russ Norwood
Thanksgiving is a time for reflection and gratitude. We have many reasons to be thankful during this season:
- I am thankful that our 200+ year old system of political checks and balances still works. Politics is a pendulum that can swing too far in both directions but in the end, when there is an imbalance, it gets corrected. We live in a great country where we can have opposing views without persecution. We should never take this for granted and become so consumed by the emotions of politics that we forget that this freedom is what was a founding principle of our great nation.
- I am thankful that the economic cycle still controls financial markets, not the people in Washington. This has been proven throughout history and is not a political statement. What lies ahead for our economy will be the natural ebb and flow of our nation. There will be recessions followed by expansions. Politics don’t matter much.
- I am thankful that we live in the greatest country in the world. I am hopeful that my children may have the opportunity to live the American dream that my father defended in WWII. People are fleeing other countries to come here and enjoy our freedoms and opportunity. I am confident that our republic will survive.
- I am thankful for choosing a business that has allowed me to meet so many great business leaders and entrepreneurs with positive views of our future and pragmatic solutions for our challenges. Every day, through our relationships, we are reminded that opportunity is still alive in our nation. Optimism is contagious and energizing.
- I am thankful for our clients. Venturi reached a $1 billion milestone this year and we will never forget that we couldn’t have built this great firm without you.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!